1. No new purchases - obviously. This includes XBLA, PSN, Xbox Live new games. The truth is, I have a large backlog of downloadable games (Pixeljunk Shooter, Eden, Braid, Splosion Man, Dead Rising Case Zero, etc., is just a sample). Yea, it's that bad.
2. DLC of existing games is fine - I think this is a good way of extending the life of games.
3. Gifts - gifts are fine. I can't turn a gift down.
4. Rentals - No rentals, until I'm done with my backlog somehow.
5. One exception - I am forced to make one exception. That's Rock Band 3. See, I already ordered the Fender Squier, and I have no intention of giving that up. I haven't bought RB3 because I want a lower price.
I realize this is all navel-gazing, but I want it to be absolutely clear I am serious here, but realistic. I don't want to deprive myself, but the truth, I have so many cool games I don't think I will. The Fender is a must.